02 March 2014

SUNDAY CONFESSIONALS - I HAVE A HARD TIME ACCEPTING APOLOGIES




The title pretty much sums it up. I'm pretty sure I could write nothing at all in this whole post and you guys would probably get it. But that wouldn't be any fun at all and I figured it would be interesting to give everyone  a little weekly peek into who I am. Thus I've come up with a little blog series:


Sorry (NOT REALLY) if you guys are tired of seeing black and purple around here.. my favorite colors can you tell? LOL
It could be daddy issues.. when I was growing up my father made me promise after promise and almost never went through with them. It could be relationship issues.. I was a victim of domestic violence and we all know that the abusers favorite line is "I'm Sorry". Or it could just be mental issues because anyone who knows me knows that I'm a little cray cray and possibility a little bit dramatic.
Whatever the issue is, I hate when people apologize to me. There is a very very rare occasion where I find myself having to apologize to someone. You know why? I'm a thinker. I think very very carefully about my actions and my words. If I make a promise or give someone my word about something, then I go through with what I said. 

So to me, "I'm sorry" is a cop out. I'm sorry means ... my bad for being a complete a**hat unable to think logically beyond the means of myself. I literally cringe and my whole body tenses up when anyone apologizes to me because I hate it THAT much.

I'm not completely psycho though, I don't like punch people in the throat for apologizing when they accidentally bump into me on the street. I don't mean like the regular "this was a complete accident I'm sorry" because I am well aware that accidents happen. And you can totally tell when someone is being genuine about their apology or when it's a "lemme apologize because that's probably what they wanna hear apology". I hate those. I'd rather you just give me the finger and walk away. Don't fake/cop out apologize to me. I might punch you.


4 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOL! I too hate apologies! I feel they are a cop out as well. Insincere! Sounds like we have similar pasts...perhaps that is why we feel that apologies are cheap. I wanna say sometimes, that "if you just thought of how your actions may have hurt me then you wouldn't need to be apologizing in the first place!" Thanks for the Sunday confessionals! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! Don't be sorry just do the right thing! Geesh! LOL.

      Thanks for reading =)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry for saying I'm sorry when we were texting earlier lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your thoughts =)